Wednesday, October 6, 2010
A nameless friend, a thoughtless thought
A random long journey normally quiet annoying and boring, can be an interesting change at times! 20-long hours, two connecting flights with a long stop-over in a dark random flight, isnt quite a good beginning for holidays. The only worse surprise could be you do not to eat the meal you ordered for and the only solace that the air hostess offers is a loaf of bread, which is not in any way better then staying hungry. But visiting home is always nostalgic, so nothing else matters. The thought of your loved ones, seeing everyone all over again, a rendezvous with the bitter sweet memories rushes in my veins the adreline called revrie. And with those mixed feelings, I stepped into the flight. A silent pause and then a long endless conversation left me completely surprised. Respecting all the privacy rights of my anonymous friend; privacy that I cant even infringe for I dont even know the name of my 'strange friend' and privacy because she shared the deepest and perhaps the darkest secret of her life. She left me wondering! Does one really have to be lucky to be loved by the one they love. Is love so difficult to get. Apparently happily married for over 20 years with a son about to say adieu to teenage, my friend wanted to say adieu to her husband and their family, because she felt she finally got someone she truly loved. Is love really blind? Is that blindness innocence or is it a folly. Did she really love the person and more importantly does the other person, her lover loved her just as much? Does love really have no age? And most importantly, all these years, how could she live with someone she did not really love. If she loved the person she lived with, how was it for her love to switch sides so easily. Is love lust, is love passion, is love commitment or is it an ideal virtue we all want to believe in to give us a reason to live. I have really believed in the power of love... As a child, a sweet angel put into my innocent head a beautiful notion .. Love is not Blind for Love is Divine. In Mirabel's Way of the World, when the hangman asked the hero what was it in his love, that he was willing to even die for her, calmly he replied, ‘I love her because of her flaws’… the lovely folklore would forever tear my eyes and tear them so much that forever I believed, I can have any disease but never a dried-eye syndrome! Beautiful thoughts about love, commitment to your sweetheart for a lifetime and believing the one you have is the Best you could ever have, is a perfect recipe to make you feel content for a lifetime. Sometime in a period called mid-life crises, did this longtime contentment with life, become a strange bed-fellow for my stranger friend. Above all, I got sincerely got worried for her, for she is my friend now, though forever I will not get to know her name unless destiny or the airlines we shared a seat in, brings us back together. Until then, you will be in my prayers, my strange friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment