Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Friends .. fine threads of fun!!

Oh yeah.. I know f/book not connecting in China... I was thinking all this while why are my Chinese friends not responding or writing to me... even when I miss them all so much... China was such a b'ful experience for me... I alwys tell everyone if India is a mother to me... China is like a foster ma ... one place in my student days ... once upon a time .. when I was studying on student loan and had to thinkl twice even before I would eat a second meal... once upon a time when I lived in a land.. where I could not speak... lip-locked... shy and timid.... where the food was delicious but I hardly could eat anything.... people looked different... people spoke an alien language ... the culture was different .... the food was strange..... was it another country or another planet.... I often would wonder in this new land ... why does every face look so familiar... why does every smile on every lip give me a sense of deja vu.... what is it that makes me feel so connected to this place.... and today every time I cook chinese dumpling, italian pasta, american burgers for my Indian husband ... :)... why do I remember a subtle face making momos with flour in her tender fingers.... it was difficult to spell their names.... so I gave them all a common name.... my sweet Chinese friends.... and today a knock on my mail box brought back all those impressionable memories all over again.... and all of a sudden I had this inner urge.. India.. China... Singapore... Dubai... Paris... this endless list... these endless experience... are not just meant for CVs.... there is a yearning in my heart to connect to each one of those moments all over again... to live that moment all my life for the rest of my life.... and so I dedicate this particular section of my blog to each and every one of my friends... who bring the warmth of love to my heart and make me feel my religion is just one of humanity .... make me realize all this life is spirituality... and convince me to believe that all this world is just one big and beautiful home... Vasudhev Kutumbkum.... .... And today as I promise to make a regular contribution to this sensitive side of mine.. I would love to dedicat this section of my blog to God and all my friends .. Chinese .. French.. Russian... Spanish... Indian... we may be of different colours... different names.. sometimes (un)pronouncable.... but arent we all connected by a common thread... :).. and here is a little song for you all.................... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGhQg3Vz-Fw&feature=related

No comments: